If you are interested in joining a face paced, multi-faceted, group of people that are seeking to actively love others, then look below for our current job openings.
Minister of Traditional Worship
Seeking a part-time Minister of Traditional Worship to direct choir, handbells, and other vocal ensembles (weekly rehearsals and worship). Additional duties include selecting hymns and lead congregational singing in the two traditional Sunday morning worship services (8am and 11am), and working with pastors to plan special worship services. Main choir is SATB with average of 30 members.
Director of Youth Ministry
This position is being posted as part-time (20-25 hours a week) and has the potential to grow into full-time.
Community UMC exists to share God’s grace through loving all, growing in Christian faith, serving others and embracing a commitment to the Community. We are located in the northwest corner of Lake County, on the edge of The Villages, and also a ten minute drive from the Warren Willis United Methodist Camp and Conference Center.
Purpose: To facilitate an affirming and welcoming environment where youth (7-12th grades) of the church and the community have the opportunity to encounter God and to grow in their discipleship
The Director of Youth Ministry will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A growing relationship with God and a calling/desire to serve the church in youth ministry
- Have a United Methodist background or understanding of Wesleyan theology
- Completion of at least a high school diploma; previous youth ministry experience preferred
- Ability to plan, organize, lead and guide youth projects and other activities related to youth ministries
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others, maintain a positive outlook and to be flexible in solving problems
- Must be able to pass background check
- Set the overall vision for the discipleship of the youth ministry with an action plan to carry it out.
- Develop programs, activities, trips and events that exercise the ministries’ core purposes of evangelism, spiritual growth, worship and servant leadership
- Work with the Pastor of Discipleship and Missions on a yearly Confirmation program
- Build and maintain relationships with kids inside and outside of the church - seek opportunities to support youth at school/sporting/community events
- Recruit, train and oversee volunteer leaders – meet regularly with volunteers, provide annual training events or conferences for volunteer team
- Create avenues of consistent contact with parents
- Responsibly monitor and manage social media including church website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other media outlets
- Set and oversee the youth ministry budget, reflecting the values of the ministry vision and purpose
- Attend worship weekly at CUMC
Reporting: This position reports directly to the Executive Pastor and relates to the Foundation Ministry Pillar (which includes Children’s Ministry and the church’s preschool).
Applying: Please send resume and cover letter to Rev. Debbie Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the button below.